Celebrating Two Years of Play! by Sephora
My May Play! by Sephora box arrived the day before I headed to NYC for a weekend with girlfriends so as soon as the box arrived I slapped on some makeup and filmed an unboxing video. Before I get into my full May 2018 Play by Sephora review, take a gander at my first impressions:
Nerdiness, Mother Nature, and more
1. Funko Pop Movie Moments – Pennywise in Gutter: John was out of town last weekend and when he returned he surprised me with this amazing toy tableau from It! I hadn’t realized the brand was doing these little scenes. The detail on this thing is impeccable—the little paper boat says “SS Georgie” on it! We now have two Pennywises in our apartment…that may officially make us creeps. 😛
So Haul-Heavy These Days
Whole Foods occasionally holds an impossible-to-resist 25% off body care sale. This past Saturday I remembered that the sale was in progress, so I hightailed it on over to my local store.
Sharing My Beauty Product Storage Spaces
It’s always fun to peek inside beauty bloggers’ medicine cabinets and gawk at their skin care collections. So I thought I’d share mine here, along with pics of my makeup “workstation” (AKA our second bathroom) and the products I use in the shower.
The inside of our medicine cabinet, revealed:
If I got Lasik I could free up some space in the cabinet for more stuff…. 😛
Geeking Out This Week
1. Avengers: Infinity War: I won’t spoil a thing in case you’re one of the few people around the world who hasn’t seen this movie yet. People have a lot of opinions and feelings about Infinity War, seemingly more so than the usual Marvel movie. I’ll simply say I thought it was tons of fun!
A Ton of Empties—For Me
Happy May, everyone! In March I wasn’t sure if I would end up with enough empties to warrant writing a post about them (I did). This time around, though, I have approximately one shit ton of empties to write about!
Cults, mystery monsters, and more
1. Wild Wild Country: this new Netflix documentary series is INSANE. Without going into too much detail, it’s about a cult that took over a small town in Oregon in the 1980s. I’m not a huge cult follower (pun intended), but I’d like to believe I’ve heard of most major modern-day cults. Somehow, though, I only heard about about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his monochromatically-clad followers for the first time recently, on a My Favorite Murder episode. Once I realized this documentary existed I blew through it and…wow. What a crazy story. I highly recommend watching Wild Wild Country!
Insta Beauty Unboxing and April Sample Impressions
I sort of can’t believe my April Play! by Sephora box has already arrived. Normally it seems like I’m counting down the days until I receive my next box, but this time I feel like I just wrote my March post! As soon as my box arrived I sat down and filmed another unboxing video. Please enjoy:
Sephora Spring Bonus Picks!
Because Sephora’s Spring Bonus* begins today, I decided to do something a little different with my Friday Five. Here’s a list of five recommendations for those who want to take advantage.
1. Boscia Luminizing Pink Charcoal Mask: I have the black version of this mask and not only it is SO FUN to use, it really pulls the junk outta your pores. This mask retails for $34 but is on sale for $22. With the 15% off code it’s only $18.70…almost 50% off list price!
1. Cherry Blossoms: these gorgeous trees are FINALLY in bloom in DC! Winter is stubbornly holding on, so park services pushed the peak bloom date back repeatedly. I haven’t visited the Tidal Basin yet this year, but I did spot this beauty down the street from our apartment!