Quick note: I may or may not post a Friday Five for the next two weeks, because I’ll be on vacation. If I don’t, this feature will return when I do. 🙂
1. Rainbow Bagel: this week I discovered that my local bagel shop, Terrace Bagels, has added rainbow bagels to their lineup. While they’re not quite as rainbow-y in appearance as the OG rainbow bagel from The Bagel Store in Williamsburg, they still make eating a bagel that much more fun.
2. Supernatural Mystery Mini: I went to Barnes & Noble to pick up a road atlas for our upcoming vacation and somehow a Funko Supernatural Mystery Mini ended up in my hands too. I ended up with a mini Thinman figurine from the season nine episode “#thinman.” Isn’t he creepy and cute? He reminds me a little of The Gentlemen from Buffy’s classic “Hush” episode…minus the facial features.
3. Very Juice: this juice joint opened in my neighborhood a little while back but I didn’t try it until this week. I picked the “C-Citrus” juice, which contained orange, pineapple, grapefruit, turmeric, and one other ingredient that I can’t remember. It was quite tasty! At $7 a pop it’s not something I’d get daily, but it’s worth it for an occasional healthy treat.
4. Odd Sox: Haute Look recently had an Odd Sox sale, and you know I can’t pass up weirdo socks. There were so many good ones to choose from, but I ended up picking this jack o’ lantern pair. They’ll get some use this fall…and any other time, really, because I wear seasonally inappropriate socks year round.
5. Brach’s Mellowcreme Pumpkins: speaking of Halloween, yeah…there was no way I wasn’t going to buy these.