1. Supernatural Conversation for a Cause: San Diego Comic-Con 2016 starts next week, and Zachary Levi’s Nerd HQ panel tickets just went on sale this morning. My friend managed to snag us two tickets to the SPN panel on Sunday, July 24!! They only sell 200 tickets to each panel and they literally sell out within 20 seconds of being released, so I feel like we won the lottery. She also managed to get us tickets to the same panel last year and it was one of my favorite things at SDCC 2015. So, yeah, I’m just A LITTLE BIT FUCKING EXCITED!!!
2. The Night Of: HBO’s new “limited series” crime drama is so tense…like, close to Breaking Bad levels of stress. There’s one scene in the pilot where, if I was a nail-biter, I would have chewed my fingernails completely off. I can’t wait to see where this story goes, because after just one episode, I really have no clue.
3. Mongo Kiss: I was in the market for lip balm recently and picked out this organic peppermint balm by Eco Lips. It’s a big fat .25 ounce tube that is going to last me quite awhile, even considering how often I apply lip balm! This mongongo oil* formula is very smooth and smells lovely. It doesn’t last as long as, say, Burt’s Bees, but it’s still a quality lip balm that keeps my lips feeling soft and moisturized. I bought mine from Thrive Market for just $1.65 (what a steal!), but they don’t seem to have this particular balm in stock at the moment. They do currently have other Eco Lips products in stock, though.
4. Thrive Market Coconut Aminos: my last Thrive Market order total hit the threshold of “receive a free gift,” which was a bottle of the market’s house brand of coconut aminos (a $5.95 value). I had never heard of coconut aminos before, but it’s basically a soy sauce-like product made from coconut tree sap. It has a lot less sodium than soy sauce, and it’s gluten free. And you know what? This stuff tastes GREAT! It really does taste like soy sauce…I don’t know how that’s possible, but it is.
5. Fage Crossovers: the OG Greek yogurt brand has made its foray into the savory yogurt world with a variety of flavor blends. These popped up in my local grocery store recently so I picked up three of them to try out: Olive Thyme, Tomato Basil, and Coconut Curry. Each flavor comes with a side of roasted almonds that you can flip into the main compartment and mix in. So far I’ve only tried tomato basil, and it was very tasty! They actually have seven flavors in all, so I’m looking forward to trying every one of them.
*I know, “Mongo Kiss” and mongongo oil sound vaguely offensive. But there is a type of tree in Africa called the mongongo, and this moisturizing oil is derived from its nuts. (that’s what she said.)