1. Game of Thrones: how incredible was the season six finale?!?! Days later, I can’t stop thinking about it. Now that the show has surpassed the books (which I’ve read), I have to say that being surprised by the show is even more thrilling than the anticipation and then the fulfillment of watching something that you know is coming. I won’t spoil the show here in case you somehow haven’t managed to see the finale yet…but it was so fucking great. Also: Lyanna Mormont (spoilers at the link) for
the Iron Throne President of the United States.
2. Orange is the New Black: I binged the recently released fourth season of this show over the past couple weeks and enjoyed it more than the third season. The addition of Blair Brown (Nina Sharp from Fringe!) as a Martha Stewart-Paula Deen mashup was delightful, and as per usual the show balanced out some truly dark material with bits of light. The last two episodes just killed me…again, I won’t spoil anything here, but those two episodes were just heartbreaking.
3. Peter Gabriel + Sting: did you know these two music legends are currently on tour together?! My husband and I went to this show at Madison Square Garden this past Monday, and it was pretty epic. I’m not a huge music or concert fan, but I’ve always enjoyed both Peter Gabriel and Sting’s music so I knew enough songs at the show to have a good time. I mean…these two guys on stage together, are you serious?! Here’s a very brief video I took of Peter Gabriel singing fan favorite “In Your Eyes” (with Sting on backup!) alongside a lovely rainbow light show celebrating Pride.
4. SOO AE Green Tea Mask: this mask was a “free with purchase”‘ from Birchbox awhile back and I finally got around to trying it out this week. This mask has a relatively subtle appearance compared to many other sheet masks, but it still looks like I slapped a layer of someone else’s skin over my own face. This particular formula is an anti-aging combination of “hanbang,” which means “Oriental Medicinal Herbs.” As with many sheet masks I’ve tried it’s hard to see visible results after just one use, but I do feel like my skin tone has been looking pretty good lately, so that’s positive!
5. Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask: I’ve been eyeing new-ish cult beauty brand Glossier for some time now, and I finally pulled the trigger on placing an order from them. My skin has been feeling a little dry lately, so I figured I’d try out their moisturizing mask, which is $22 but cost $28.85 with tax and shipping. Expect a full review of this mask coming soon!
Have a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend, everyone!