1. Merry Christmas from Mohegan Sun! My husband and I spent Christmas Eve here two years ago and had a great time so we decided to do it again this year, for two nights this time. I’m not much of a gambler, but this place has a lot going on so it’s always fun. And they have a life-sized gingerbread house in the middle of the shopping mall! Clockwise from top left: me inside the gingerbread house, Vista Lounge at Wombi Rock (a fun bar), Christmas tree in the hotel lobby, and the main atrium that connects the mall, hotel, and casino with restaurants and more (love the glass sculpture!).
2. Wild mushroom and butternut squash crepes with almonds, pomegranate, and brown butter: when we arrived at Mohegan Sun on Wednesday night (after a looong five-hour drive in crazy rain) we had dinner at Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain, and I ordered this delicious vegetarian dish. It was SO full of flavor and I would love to eat it again! (Sorry my photo isn’t that great…I haven’t mastered the art of food photography in poor lighting.)
3. Turtle shell carpet at Mohegan Sun: I have a little thing for turtles, and I noticed this cute carpet pattern on the casino floor. Once I noticed it I realized that there was a different carpet pattern everywhere we went in the casino, so I starting taking photos. A blog post on the carpet is forthcoming…sounds weird, I know. 🙂
4. More Funko toys! We went to a CD store (who knew those still existed?!?!) called Spin Street in Mohegan Sun’s mall this morning and I almost immediately spotted a Nemo Funko Pop. I showed it to my husband, who loves Finding Nemo and has kept clownfish in his coral aquarium for years, so obviously he had to buy it. One of the store salespeople informed us that all Funko toys were buy one get one half off, so…DUH…I had to get something too. I picked out a Supernatural Dean keychain. So. Cute.
5. Celebration Herbals Turmeric Ginger-Lemon Blend: I picked up this box of herbal tea at Whole Foods recently, and I love it. I’ve talked about turmeric before, and I’ve been trying to incorporate it into my diet a bit because it’s supposed to be good for fighting inflammation. This tea has a nice, light flavor, even after steeping it for eight or nine minutes as is my custom.