1. The Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas: I visited my sister and nieces in the Austin area last weekend for my elder niece’s ninth birthday, and we went out to dinner to celebrate on Sunday night. We’d been to the Salt Lick before and I specifically requested that we go again while I was in town. I don’t even like meat, but their veggie sides are so good and their BBQ sauces are seriously to die for: so mustard-y and tangy…MMMM!
2. Glass-Bottom Boat Tour at The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University: my sister came up with the idea to take this tour with our family, and it was a cool little half-hour tour. The boats take you out on Spring Lake, an outflow of the Edwards Aquifer in San Marcos, and the water is so pretty and crystal clear. Colorwise it’s very Caribbean-looking, which you just don’t expect to see in the middle of Texas! You can see springwater bubbling up from the bottom and there are tons of fish, turtles, and lush aquatic plants; we even spotted a couple scuba divers down there doing maintenance.
3. Blanco Valley Farms Strawberry Chipotle Jam: I picked this jar of jam up at an airport gift shop while I was waiting for my flight to board out of Austin. 🙂 I like trying locally made products, so I thought it’d be fun to bring this home for me and my husband. We haven’t cracked the jar open just yet, but I can’t wait to taste it!
4. Rifle Paper Co. Botanical Journal: I love this company’s beautiful designs and had been wanting to get one of their journals for awhile. I had some Birchbox points and a 20% discount from last month’s box, so I used those to buy this pretty journal for myself at a lower-than-usual price.
5. Agate Blue Gemstone iPhone 6S Case by kikiway on Zazzle: as I mentioned last week, I recently upgraded to a new iPhone and that gave me the opportunity to buy a fun new case! I’m very picky about phone cases and I prefer ones that are as slim as possible. Case-Mate makes a “Barely There” case that worked well for my iPhone 5, so I wanted to get another one for my new gadget. I found a gorgeous blue agate design on Zazzle and knew it was the one for me: