1. Mid-Century Desk: my new desk from West Elm arrived yesterday, and I’m writing this post while sitting at it right now! Isn’t it beautiful? I’m going to have to make it a point to maintain that lovely white surface.
1. A Day Without a Woman: the weather was lovely on Wednesday so I took a stroll to explore a bit of DC. As I walked past the Supreme Court, I heard voices over loudspeakers and some cheering coming from the direction of the U.S. Capitol so I headed that way. A rally was just coming to a close and there was a sea of people on the lawn. The crowd was mostly women wearing red, in honor of International Women’s Day and to demonstrate economic solidarity. I happened to be wearing a red shirt, so I totally blended in. Although I arrived at the tail end of the rally, I was happy that I got to participate even the slightest bit…especially because I did my husband’s laundry that morning so I completely failed at the whole “don’t do any paid or unpaid labor” strike that women were encouraged to engage in on March 8. This was the second time recently that I accidentally ended up at a rally/protest! “The Accidental Protestor”…I might be on to something here. 😛
Wow…I’m pretty late with this post, but that’s because I moved last week so my life has been a little nuts! Things are finally settling down and I feel ready to get back into the blogging life.
I received my second Play! by Sephora box a couple weeks ago (at least!) and have managed to get a little time to play around with my samples.
I live in Washington, DC now! Because I’m still in unpacking mode I’m just doing a quick “five things I love about our new apartment” post. The majority of these elements are standard for apartments outside of NYC, but because I lived there for fifteen years I usually didn’t have any of these things.
1. Two full bathrooms! Seriously, this is such a big deal to me. I’ve only had one bathroom per apartment for the past fifteen years! I’m having fun setting both bathrooms up and picking out accessories for them. 🙂
I’m kinda phoning my Friday Five in this week because we’re moving on Monday! I can’t do anything beyond listing out my five new favorite Pokémon that have recently been released into the wild. Because I’ve had to run around a lot lately, I’ve already caught 20 of the 80 new Pokémon, and I evolved an Eevee into the beautiful new Espeon!
1. Teddiursa: his name is adorable and I love the crescent on his forehead. Apparently he’s categorized as an “uncommon” Pokémon but I’ve caught two of them.
1. US Capitol: we went down to DC for a few days this week (so we could get our new apartment keys!!). My husband had meetings on Monday and it was a beautiful day out, so I took a walk from the Navy Yard up to the Capitol. Despite everything that’s going on with the
dumpster of deplorables administration, the buildings and monuments in our nation’s capitol remain an admirable sight to behold.
1. Tell Homeland Security to stop Steve Bannon from joining the National Security Council: yep, I’m going a little political here today.* I received an email from the Southern Poverty Law Center this morning that Homeland Security is tallying phone calls on whether Americans support or oppose Bannon’s appointment to the NSC. I wholeheartedly oppose the appointment so I just sent an email, and I’ll also try calling today to register my opinion. If you’d like to make the call too, instructions on how to do so are in the image below. To send an email, click here. I haven’t always been much of an activist, but these days reading the news each morning is like waking up to a fresh new nightmare, and I simply cannot sit with my thumbs up my ass and do nothing.
1. The Good Place: I saw a premiere of the pilot episode at the show’s SDCC panel last summer and really enjoyed it. What I said when I posted my Comic-Con recap was “I’m totally gonna watch the show when it premieres.” But a case of Too Much Good TV got in the way and my husband and I didn’t get around to this show until recently. We’re only about halfway through the first season, but it’s a whole lot of fun! I have some theories about what’s going on, so I’m curious to see if my ideas actually pan out. I’m aware that there’s some big twist in the season finale, but I’ve managed to avoid spoilers about it.